- Service Manager
- Organizes the daily activities in the workshop.
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job. Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the service manager. Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the service area.
- Investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from products and services and suggest appropriate solutions. Discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
- Promote a health and safety culture within the workshop.
- Review customers service orders and inspect the quality of a technician repairs before the release of vehicles.
- Review work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented according to service workshop policies and procedures.
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Explain to clients their automotive problems and the repairs done on their vehicles
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Diploma or equivalent in mechanical / automotive or related field.
- 5 years’ experience managing an automotive truck workshop, particularly attached to a dealership
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical issues, warranties, service and general repairs
- Strong analytical, communication and inter-personal skills with administrative competence vital for this role.
- Computer literate with a solid understanding of Microsoft applications
- Ability to advise customers on the required jobs in a timely, professional manner
- Must be well-organized and systematic in approaching his job
- Fluent in writing and spoken English. Arabic speaking is a plus but not required.
- Not more than 45 years of age
- Commands Respect
- Good organizational skills
- Problem Solver
- Team Player