Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Welding of chassis subassemblies & associated parts for our vehicles.
- Preparation and setup of necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs.
- Arranging of parts & material for welding processes.
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. continual improvements.
- Review of finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy against drawings.
- Report fabrication issues and assist in resolutions as required.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area.
- Ensure high quality standards throughout all the work carried out.
- 5 years of automotive-related fabrication experience, preferably on a vehicle build project.
- Experience in the motorsport industry is preferable.
- Highly skilled in both MIG & TIG welding.
- Experience in welding mild steel, stainless steel & aluminium.
- Ability to read & interpret manufacturing drawings & work to tight tolerances.
- Ability to work professionally and with precision while meeting strict deadlines.
- Knowledgeable on various workshop precision tools and machinery.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-manage; work planning and proactive reporting.
- Patience and a good sense of humour and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Machining experience is an advantage.