To accurately and skilfully undertake the repair and servicing of motor vehicles, whilst detecting and diagnosing any additional faults for further repair which can be advised to the customer, ensuring all work is completed safely and to the highest quality standards, to exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Ensure that all works are carried out to the highest standard and in adherence with manufacturer guidelines.
- Analyse job cards to identify what work has been agreed, seeking clarification from the Service Advisor if required, and undertaking an evaluation of the condition of the vehicle before commencing any works.
- Undertake the work as directed within the timescales communicated to a customer.
- Complete the works using the correct parts and techniques in a safe way and in a clean and tidy environment.
- Use the appropriate tools and equipment which must be correctly maintained and be in excellent condition at all times.
- Carry out a vehicle health check on every vehicle and provide a diagnostic report to the Service Advisor outlining any recommended additional work required so they can liaise with the customer to advise them of the findings.
- Ensure that a vehicle complies with manufacturer and industry safety standards when returned to the customer.
- Take care not to cause accidental damage to the vehicle and parts during service or repair, report any such incidents to the Service Manager immediately.
- Minimise wastage of parts, oils, materials and fluids and adhere to the dealership’s recycling policy.
- Accurately document completed job cards, ensuring hours and materials used are recorded and all warranty material is kept and returned to the Warranty Advisor.
- Monitor jobs in progress and update the Service Advisor on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all parts requested are authorised and checked for accuracy before use.
- Ensure a road test and quality check is carried out on every vehicle and that the associated documentation is completed fully and signed.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction whilst maximising profits.
- Ensure that all customers are received promptly, courteously and professionally at all times.
- Ensure that all customer transactions and queries are acknowledged and dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure the maximum use of technical knowledge and skills to carry out works to the highest standards and quality.
- Protect the customer’s vehicle and its contents while the vehicle is being repaired or serviced.
- Where appropriate, provide the customer with a clear explanation of work carried out on the vehicle, using non-technical language, ensuring that they have a full understanding.
- Ensure that all works have been carried out on the vehicle as detailed, authorised and charged.
- Handle dissatisfied customers calmly and where relevant, escalate customer complaints appropriately
- Establish outstanding relationships with colleagues and other departments so that you work effectively and efficiently together in partnership for the benefit of the brand, dealership and customer.
- Attend training as required or requested by the manufacturer, the dealership or the company.
- Comply with all health and safety, quality management, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with all dealership and company policies, manufacturer guidelines and wider legislation.
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
Competency Requirements - Behavioural
Customer Service Distinction
Engages and delights customers through managing complex interactions and relationships and delivers exceptional levels of service through accurately identifying, meeting and exceeding customer needs.
Is aware of the strategic goals of the dealer/group and the business and achieves objectives in the job role to contribute to them.
Sets high personal standards of performance and is committed to achieving outstanding results for the business.
Supports other team members and encourages their participation and engagement in the success of the team as a whole.
Outstanding Relationship Management
Builds mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues, business contacts and stakeholders, maintaining an effective network in order to maximise support and resources for the benefit of customers and the business.
Delivers maximum efficiency and productivity by managing own workload, processes and resources effectively.
Takes responsibility for own learning and development and gives support to others where appropriate.
Competency Requirements - Technical
Possesses the required level of technical skill and knowledge (including engine management systems), and has the ability to keep up with current developments and practices in these areas of expertise. May be acquired through academic, apprenticeship or on‐the‐job training or a combination of these.
Able to quickly gain an understanding of the dealership and manufacturer computer and recording systems in order to drive effectiveness whilst maintaining up to date working knowledge of databases, technical systems and computer packages.
Coordination of Work
Ability to follow instructions through a standard work process and perform tasks with in a stated time frame whilst checking for accuracy before completion of the task.
Knowledge of appropriate procedures for using specific tools, equipment or machines to meet defined quality and safety standards.
Safety and Health Compliance
Ability to demonstrate an understanding of applicable policies and procedures in order to maintain conditions that ensure a healthy and safe working environment for themselves and others.
- City and Guilds Part 3/NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent qualification) in Motor Vehicle Repair and Maintenance.
- Experience in vehicle repair and servicing acquired through academic, apprenticeship, manufacturer or on‐the‐job training or a combination of these.
- Current United Kingdom driving licence.