The job holder ensures the customer's satisfaction by performing quality servicing and repairs, on all mechanical/electrical components of a motor vehicle, so as to return them to the manufacturer's specifications.
- Identifies the customers' requests, analyses them with his Supervisor/Foreman, and refines the diagnostic process.
- Performs the requested work, in observance of the manufacturer's methods (recommendations and operating procedures) to ensure efficient use of time.
- Communicates with the foreman during the work to inform him of the check results and of his work, and also to ask for his help or assistance and assists Technicians as needed.
- Masters the various repair techniques and uses the documentation as necessary, sharing his knowledge with Technicians.
- Observes the safety rules defined for the equipment, instruments and products.
- Observes the work time set by the Foreman.
- Carries out, on his own initiative, minor work not requested by the customer.
- Places protective equipment on the vehicle (if not already done).
- Prepares, under the foreman's responsibility, the supplies outward sheet for parts to be replaced and transfers them from the Spare Parts to service as required.
- Prepares the tools, equipment required to complete each task and ensures all components at the periphery of the work location are in operational condition.
- Performs safety inspections and completes the quality control sheets and necessary test documents.
- Undertakes the requested work in accordance with the work order.
- Identifies additional work, non-conformances and rapidly communicates them to the Foreman and documents the incidences on the work order.
- Informs the Foreman of any incident which might cause a delivery delay.
- Perform selective sorting of waste, within the frame of the applicable rules.
- Performs diagnostic tests using appropriate equipment.
- Prepares the vehicle for delivery by ensuring all equipment and accessories are in place and the vehicle has been cleaned, returning any damaged or old parts to the customer if requested.
- Observes the work schedules and times set by the Foreman.
- Applies the manufacturer's directives and the safety rules.
- Searches for information in the available documentation (technical manuals, repair booklets, supplier’s data).
- Observes the labor analysis procedures and supplies and parts issuing procedures.
The job holder is required to work efficiently taking into consideration the rules and regulations set by the principal and AFG. He/She might be associated hazards and will be handling expensive parts and equipment. The job holder will be assigned to simple, moderate and complicated service and reparis in accordance to his/her experience. The job holder is required to wear safety gear such as eyeglasses, gloves and masks and carefully handle vehicle parts and operating equipment. Apart from this, he/she is required to understand and apply new technology on an ongoing basis. Forward planning is carried out in terms of each job – i.e. prior planning of the steps involved in completing the job. He/she will be required to work extra hours and weekends depending on the work load requirements to ensure operations run smoothly and will also be required to perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The job holder will work under supervision making primary diagnosis and estimation to be authorized by Foreman/Team Leader and Manager.
Communication &Working Relationships:
- Team Leader
- Other Peer Technicians (coaching and advising)
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
Secondary School Certificate (10 years of school education)
At least 1-2 years practical experience in a reputed automobile dealership.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong background in the automotive mechanical field
- Good command of spoken and written English language
- Computer literate
- Having thorough knowledge of automotive service and repair works
- Customer Focus
- Effective Communication
- Continuous Self Improvement
- Result Oriented
- Team Work
Certified Mercedes Benz Technicians
Certified Maintenance Technician
Certified System Technician
Certified Diagnostic Technician