A GCC based automotive company that represents luxury brands is now looking for Technical staff to join their team.
- Promoting dealership by presenting professional image, positive attitude and clean work area.
- Completes service and repair assignments correctly, to pass quality inspections or test drives
- Collects all necessary information before requesting parts (e.g., model year, etc.).
- Notifies Team Leader when delays are expected.
- Maintains cleanliness of the customer's vehicle.
- Submits all claims promptly.
- Promotes a productive working relationship with others.
- Actively listens to concerns; takes action to respond to others’ needs.
- Speaks clearly, concisely and effectively
- Assists Team Leader, if necessary, to explain completed repairs to a customer.
- Assists other technicians when needed.
- Handles and implements changes in the Service Department effectively
- Listens and supports new ideas
- Successfully performs overlapping tasks.
- Prioritize work to meet demands
- Making decisions regarding repair options and asking for assistance as necessary
- Completes repair orders within a specified time frame and alerts appropriate personnel if delayed
- Takes necessary steps to minimize time spent waiting for parts
- Coordinates with Parts department to ensure part are available to complete repair.
- Performs factory warranty repairs according to established procedures
- Follows all hazardous waste and OSHA safety regulations and company policies.
- Utilizes technical assistance provided by the principle
- Stays up to date on the latest technical services through training, bulletins, campaigns
- Acquires necessary training as required
- Uses manuals including diagrams as necessary to complete the repair order.
- Properly disposes of used parts and returns unused parts to the parts counterperson.
- Completes the time ticket correctly.
To be considered for this role you must:
- High School Degree or equivalent with other relevant certificates or licenses
- Certificate/Diploma in Automotive, Engine Performance, Engine Repair
- Must have experience of evaluating and repairing Luxury or sports brands.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience, 2 of which in automotive repair or service.
- Have technical writing skills
- Must be flexible, have high attention to detail and a problem-solving mind-set.
- Knowledge of tools and machinery