Employer: Federal Mogul
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Title: Technical Advisor - Middle East
Location Name: Sharjah
Country: United Arab Emirates
Business Unit: Motorparts
Reports to: Regional Sales Director
Primary purpose of position
To provide a consistent facilitation of positive interaction and technical assistance between direct and indirect customers and Federal Mogul Aftermarket, within a given geographical or customer specific area.
- A Callage plan is in place to visit all customers at a desired frequency and/or as specific technical problems occur.
- Exact calling and problem issues must be recorded daily so that a record is maintained for all the necessary purposes.
- Checking product/stock returned by customer/sales representative.
- Checking that goods returned are still in a saleable condition.
- Making a conscientious decision about which product should be credited and which should be returned to the customer without credit.
Keep up to date with the different type of product updates and inform the customers of the changes as the FM redeems necessary:
- New product information
- Technical Bulletins
- Interactions with sales personnel,
- i.e. do not limit to senior personnel only.
Administration and training
- Reports have to be written and delivered or faxed to customers of the problems, incorrect methods used to install, assemble thereof/and or failure of the products supplied by FM.
- The reports have to be filed and kept on record.
- All product problems relating to factory defect and/or product design should be reported to the necessary departments and factories.
- Notes have to be made and the necessary action need to be recorded and time limits se for the solutions and results recorded by the necessary parties involved.
- Technical drawing assessments and approvals of NPI.
- Technical Centre responsibilities.
- Product and fitment training internal and external also include induction training.
Promotions will be supported by the Technical Department and the necessary information and support will be given at these events (all of this is done within the limits and condition of FM).
Product Failure Monitoring
All failures analysed to be recorded and monitored.
Budgets will have to be maintained for petrol usage and the amount of goodwill product supplied to customers and the end user.
You undertake to obey, comply and carry out all lawful and reasonable duties and instructions, as from time to time assigned to you by your supervisor.
Any relevant Technical qualification
8 years experience