Oversee and ensure optimum utilization of the available workshop labour and resources to achieve set operational efficiency targets. Ensure the team carries out vehicle repair and service activities in accordance to established quality, safety and efficiency guidelines as per Mercedes Benz and within set time frames.
Job Specific Information:
Team Leader will be closely working with Customers, department manager and service team to ensure high level of customer satisfaction and optimum utilization of workshop premises.
- Operations: Conduct systematic performance of complex fault diagnosis, evaluation, and repair processes for all vehicles. Delegate/supervise repair orders to foreman and technician. Discuss repair requirement with service advisor on daily basis. Prepare the team for the upcoming jobs; allocate job cards to align the jobs to the skill set and efficiency level.
- Process Management: Effectively follow up and oversee progress for each job order to meet the agreed deadlines and check parts ordering status on daily basis. Cross check the original customer complaint in the pre-order form against the job card labor operation numbers to ensure agreed repairs are all concluded. Promote safety rules defined for the equipment, instruments and products. Prepare and conduct every vehicle for a final check and further quality control audit.
- Warranty: Monitor warranty jobs to ensure proper warranty process handling. Review & assess job cards and other documentation to justify warranty claims and facilitate smooth processing.
- Parts Requisition: Review service repair Pro-forma, estimate of foreman and service advisor to ensure the required parts and labor lines are in compliance with manufacture guidelines and contend to required repairs.
- Performance Management: Monitor and action main key performance indicators (KPI’s) for performance on a daily basis. Increase workshop efficiency and optimize repair process of individual team members with transfer of knowhow and information on new technical features. Conduct on the job training (Technical, Health and Safety). Prepare reports for management review. Review workshop figures, such as hours sold, hours worked versus idle hours to monitor progress of operational targets.
- Team Management: Conduct regular performance reviews, coach, counsel, provide support and necessary tools. Create and ensure implementation of training plans and programs to enable team to accomplish their tasks efficiently. Prepare a team presentation for weekly team meetings which highlights Team Performance in specific timeline.
- Bachelors or Diploma in Automobile, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Certification is preferred.
- 6 – 7 years of minimum experience of customer care & operations experience within automotive work shop environment.
- 2 years of experience in a supervisory role within premium/luxury car brand.
- Communicate with Impact
- Demonstrate Teamwork
- Take Analytical Action
- Deliver Results
- Develop Oneself
- Show Adaptability
- Win with Customers