PURPOSE & SCOPE:
To ensure efficient Workshop use of materials, equipment and labour resources to ensure service and repairs are carried out to the highest quality standards, to achieve total customer satisfaction. To actively retain all available business by consulting and co-operating with reception staff, and Service Manager.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Each morning, the following procedure should be adopted:
- Check to see if all technicians have turned up for work. If there are any absences report to Service Manager
On receipt of the job card from the Customer Adviser:
- Sort jobs by customer collection time required, starting with while-u-wait customers and then by collection time throughout the day.
- Allocate the job to a technician based on available time, skills and completion time.
- Clock onto the job for the technician and advise them of the time allowed
- Ensure the technician clearly understands the customers requirements
- Allocate job on workshop loading system to technician, emphasizing the time allocated for the job.
Work in progress:
- Progress the status of jobs "through the workshop”
- Discuss additional work requirements with technicians as they complete the check sheet
- If additional work is identified use additional work sheet to calculate labour time, and forward to parts department for price and availability.
- If the fault requires authorization, gain authority from customer. If warranty (refer to the Service Policies and Procedures Manual). E.g. safety related items
- If a wear and tear item is faulty, refer to Warranty Guidelines.
- Ensure that Trace printouts support all repairs where applicable
When the job is complete:
- Validate all technician write-ups, ensuring the work undertaken matches the fault reported by the customer and the correct RTS code has been used
- Ensure all jobs requested by the customer have been addressed
- Verify the write up - is there any future work? (E.g. tyre / pad wear) Ask the CA to discuss this with the customer where applicable
- Ensure Diagnostic printouts support all repairs where applicable
- Ensure the location of the car has been updated on the key tag.
- Clock technician off job
- Change the status of the job to completed on booking system
- Ensure the vehicle is washed.
- If warranty pass the Job card and supporting paperwork to the Warranty Administrator unless the job is to be quality checked (10% of jobs)
- If a quality check is required, allocate the work to the Quality Controller, after which the Job card should be handed to the Warranty Administrator
- All warranty parts to be labelled with Job Card number and date of repair and placed in Warranty Parts storage area.
- Keys to be hung in lockable key cabinet.
The Workshop Controller is responsible for making sure Technicians are busy at all times. If a Technician cannot be assigned to a job, they should be clocked on to a 'Waiting Time' job on system so that an accurate report of all non-productive time can be produced at month end this time should be used for housekeeping/maintenance.