Our client are an automotive dealer network with a strong presence in there market place who are seeking a Service Manager with experience of South East Asian brands. The ideal candidate is responsible for ensuring the efficient and profitable operation of the service department and controlling resource at a level commensurate with profit requirement and enhanced customer relations.
- Ensure accurate invoicing and job costing in the service department.
- To ensure premises and equipment and other assets are controlled and used effectively.
- To ensure all materials purchased are controlled and sold at a profit.
- To maintain effective control of expenses in line with budget objectives by monthly examination of management accounts.
- In conjunction with the achievement of labour efficiency targets, to maintain workshop productivity records and monitor the effective use of labour.
- Ensure all outstanding debts are collected expeditiously.
- Establish and monitor all training requirements and costs to provide satisfactory levels of skills, job satisfaction and cost- effective development of key personal.
- Ensure that training standards are fully maintained so that future manpower requirements are covered.
- Monitor all workshop equipment for condition and accuracy of diagnoses.
- Instigate and operate advertising and promotional activities.
- Maintain effective liaison with all other department managers.
- Monitor service department financial performance weekly.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Technical skills, knowledge and experience in a aftersales automotive retail environment.
- Ability to control clerical work, administration, organization, system and financial matters.
- Leadership attributes.
- Up – to date knowledge of vehicles legislation, consumer legislation and trade practices.
- Technical and engineering qualification.
- Skills, experience and knowledge of modern business methods and financial control.
- (Preferred) College route membership of The institute Of The Motor Industry.