The key purpose of this role is to oversee the service department. The service manager is responsible for controlling costs, building a loyal clientele, maintaining good employee relations, setting and obtaining sales and profit objectives and maintaining service records.Primarily, the service manager must ensure that service is performed at the highest level maintaining customer satisfaction and operate the department profitable.
- Hiring and supervising all service department personnel, as well as monitoring their performance in servicing customers.
- Creating goals and objectives for the department, which includes an annual operating budget and marketing plan to promote new and repeat business.
- Ensuring all staff technical skills are up-to-date through in house training and periodic technical training on new systems and components offered by the automotive manufacturers.
- Keeping up-to-date on manufacturer warranty and policy procedures while serving as a liaison with the factory representatives.
- Ensuring all service equipment and tools are available in good working order.
- Reviewing all technical bulletin and information from manufacturers and conveying all relevant information to the technical team.
- Maintaining the highest Customer Service Index (CSI) rating from customers by handling customer complaints immediately and according to company policy.
- Required to maintain the profitability of the department while controlling expenses and maintaining customer satisfaction.
To be considered for this role:
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Service.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a service department working at supervisor/ management level essential.
- Extensive technical background with management training.
- 10-15 years’ experience in automotive service industry.
- Require strong communication skills to deal with customers, employees and manufacturers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving background essential.