The Service Manager is responsible for the customer-focused and efficient operation of the dealership's service department. The service manager will operate the department at maximum production, controlling costs, building a loyal clientele, maintaining good employee relationships, setting and obtaining sales objectives and maintaining service records. The Service Manager is responsible for ensuring a customer experience that meets or exceeds the manufacturer’s customer satisfaction index and for monitoring and improving customer satisfaction. The service manager also carries out this responsibility by building customer relationships, creating a good work environment and properly managing the assets of the department.
- Plan and sets department’s goals and objectives
- Report and analyse the department business achievements monthly and annually.
- Monitor business records, quality, come backs, productivity and complaints
- Manage efficient workflow within service centres
- Interview candidates, develop, coach, and motivate staff Ensuring that individual facilities have the required skilled and experienced personnel to meet their budget and objectives
- Collect accounts receivable for service work
- Work with the parts department as appropriate to ensure proper stocking of high use parts.
- Ensure that all warranty claims against a manufacturer are dealt with in accordance with guidelines laid down by the concerned manufacturer.
- Assure proper repair order flow to satisfy warranty/dealership/business office requirements
- Maintain customer satisfaction index rating above that of manufacturer or dealership average
- Communicate with customers before issues arise and get involved in escalated customer issues
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with customers to encourage repeat referral business
- Meet with after sales director and Managing director at least once a month to review current service department performance, set future performance objectives, promotional activities or any other matters
- Take decisions for buying the necessary workshop equipment’s and insure that they are in proper working condition
- Assist in development of annual service budget for use in connection with annual sales forecast
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with the company’s vision, mission and values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers
- Enforce safety standards in facility
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Bch. Degree in mechanical engineering with Automotive specialization.
- 5 – 7 years experience in service activities.
- 2 – 3 years experience in service management activities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Service Selling and Negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent ability to lead a team and keep them motivated.
- Ability of meeting deadlines and achieving set targets.
- Professional appearance
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Previous industry knowledge of overall operations, management and wholesale relations (preferred)