To assist customers with aftersales related enquiries, ensuring the highest level of customer care and satisfaction, whilst taking every opportunity to maximise service sales and profitability. Maintain excellent standards of departmental administration and process efficiency and contribute to good working relationships across the business.
- Ensure customer awareness of all products and services available.
- Sell additional products, services and repair work as appropriate to customer needs and in accordance with individual and/or team targets.
- Understand features and benefits of products and services and promote these accordingly.
- Undertake prospecting to generate additional business.
- Accurately maintain departmental systems including (but not limited to) customer records, job documentation, alternative transport and customer follow-up systems.
- Carry out relevant preparation for the customer’s visit (eg. pre-calls; print job cards; field campaigns, DISS reports, TPI’s (Technical Product Information) etc.) in line with service core process, updating documentation accordingly.
- Offer extra services to every customer, including a vehicle health check (VHC), bringing their attention to any relevant current service offers, linking to relevant benefits such as safety.
- Visually inspect customer vehicles and loan cars, documenting any damage where relevant.
- Provide customer estimates calculating accurate charges for all parts, labour and service repairs.
- Promptly prepare and explain invoices following completion of work, ensuring charges/details are accurate.
- Verify and obtain copies of documentation where relevant, such as customer’s driving licence or insurance documents when issuing loan cars.
- Gain prior authorisation from the customer for completion of work, including signatures as required.
- Receive and process payments promptly and in accordance with company procedures.
- Document all warranty work as per the manufacturer’s requirements and company policy.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction whilst maximising profits.
- Ensure that all customers are received promptly, courteously and professionally at all times.
- Conduct a thorough qualification to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Communicate clearly, courteously and promptly via appropriate media.
- Provide clear, tactful advice and explanations to customers, checking their understanding.
- Ensure that all customer requests and queries are acknowledged and dealt with or forwarded to an appropriate person promptly.
- Keep customers informed in relation to the progress of repairs, services or any general queries.
- Manage the handover of the vehicle to the customer, providing them with a clear explanation of the works carried out on the vehicle ensuring that they have a full understanding, using non-technical language where appropriate.
- Proactively take action where appropriate to improve the customer experience.
- Handle dissatisfied customers calmly and in a timely manner, resolve complaints with sensitivity, involve others when needed.
- Introduce any new customers to other departments as appropriate.
- Maintain effective communication with all dealership staff, seeking assistance from colleagues as required, eg. to aid effective technical explanations.
- Uphold the highest standards of housekeeping within work area, customer waiting area, displays/materials.
- Support the whole dealership team, working in partnership to maximise opportunities to gain aftersales customers and to support broader dealership initiatives, proactively promoting the benefits of other departments to achieve overall dealership success.
- Attend training as required or requested by the manufacturer, the dealership or the company.
- Comply with all health and safety, quality management, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with all dealership and company policies, manufacturer guidelines and wider legislation.
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
Competency Requirements - Behavioural
Customer Service Distinction
Engages and delights customers through managing complex interactions and relationships and delivers exceptional levels of service through accurately identifying, meeting and exceeding customer needs.
Is aware of the strategic goals of the dealer/group and the business and achieves objectives in the job role to contribute to them.
Sets high personal standards of performance and is committed to achieving outstanding results for the business.
Engages and escorts customers through the sales journey, achieving outstanding outcomes through blending emotional intelligence, empathy and determination, underpinned by depth of product knowledge, market awareness and commitment to the brand.
Supports other team members and encourages their participation and engagement in the success of the team as a whole.
Outstanding Relationship Management
Builds mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues, business contacts and stakeholders, maintaining an effective network in order to maximise support and resources for the benefit of customers and the business.
Delivers maximum efficiency and productivity by managing own workload, processes and resources effectively.
Takes responsibility for own learning and development and gives support to others where appropriate.
Competency Requirements - Technical
Possesses up-to-date knowledge of features and benefits of products and services and communicates them clearly to customers.
Able to gain an understanding of service dealer and manufacturer management systems, in order to accurately input data, interrogate it for key information and analyse it for tracking purposes. Competent with use of internet, email and word processing packages.