- Serve as first line of contact and communication link between customer and dealership during the service process
- Perform write-up of Repair Orders and ensure timely and accurate completion of repair
- Maximize department sales of service and parts
- Report directly to the Service Manager
- Maintain a close working relationship with Technicians, Cashier, Sales Consultants and parts personnel
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY:
- Provide convenient appointments for service and repair work
- Offer courtesy services when appropriate
- Start the reception process immediately upon customer arrival
- Inspect every vehicle before work starts-with the customers when possible-and make appropriate notes on the Repair Order
- Identify customer needs courteously, accurately recording, and verifying customer needs on Repair Order while customer is present
- Secure customer approval (including cost estimate, delivery time and method of payment, warranty) before repair work is started, and obtain customer signature on the Repair Order
- Handle telephone inquiries quickly and courteously
- Call customers regarding additional work that may need to be performed and when work is completed
- Implement customer’s schedule maintenance follow-up process
- Follow up with customers within 48hours of delivery after service is performed
- Use formal Complaint Handling processes to calm an upset customer. Reach a resolution, when possible, that is satisfactory to the customer and supports the interest of the dealership
- Refer to service record, inspect vehicles and motors, recommend additional necessary service
- Sell service and maintenance to customers in person, by telephone and other methods
- Refer lead and prospect for potential sales to the Sales Department
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with all dealership personnel.
- Work with the parts Department on routine maintenance to ensure competitiveness in the market.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationship with Sales Department for efficient delivery of add-on equipment and resolve customer complaints.
- Assist with inspection completed jobs as requested to ensure quality of repair.
- Provide legible and complete problem description on Repair Orders to support Technicians.
- Keep area neat, clean and organized at all times
- Maintain even and safe traffic flow by quickly moving vehicle to appropriate location
- Maintain service displays
- Show respect and care for dealership equipment
- Actively participate in training courses to maintain technical and nontechnical job knowledge and skills
- Initiate proper paperwork for a vehicle repair, and disperse according to department policy
- Maintain department service record, including Repair Order file
- File all warranty claim promptly.
- Is aware of daily workload distribution for the department
- Schedule customers for appointment
- Maintain log of written Repair Orders and record status information daily