Ascertains automotive or engine problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms, and clarifying description of problems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service the customer’s requirements by managing the complete work order or sales transaction processes from customer enquiry through to completion of the customers’ invoice (including New Vehicles). This includes ensuring that all identified work is scheduled to be done, or bookings are confirmed for the future.
- Provide the initial fault diagnosis to the customer, and schedule any required work with the Workshop, using the workshop planning system.
- Maintain open communication between the customer and workshop, to ensure the Technician has the right information to correctly diagnose problems and that the Customer’s requirements and expectations are met.
- Create quotations (including checking customer credit rating) work orders, add job lines and allocate work to the workshop with regard given to capacity and planning of work load.
- Process and monitor warranty, goodwill, rework technical campaign and contract work as appropriate.
- Supply of parts and accessories to workshop and customers in line with demand.
- Manage and support the level of parts stock, both new and used to an optimum level
- Control the movement of both inwards and outwards goods.
- Support emergency after hour’s operations as necessary
- Provide back up support for other After Sales team members during periods of absence.
- Perform appropriate customer service and administrative tasks to an acceptable level.
- Carry out proactive outbound “customer follow up” calls on a daily, weekly or as required basis for the purposes of both feedback and potential sales.
- Generate potential opportunities to sell hours & parts and maximizing workshop utilization.
- Mechanical or Automotive Degree/any other
- Diploma is accepted.
- 2-3 years experiences in automotive industry. Or 5+ years in a customer service industry.
- Strong computer literacy and good working knowledge in the most common windows based programs
- Thorough understanding of the Automotive After Sales market / industry
- Strong customer service focus and ability to resolve customer inquiries / issues.
- Showing responsibility and perseverance at work, a total commitment to offer the highest quality work and ensure attention to detail.
- Adding structure to tasks by defining priorities and completing the work in a systematic, efficient fashion within the required timeframe.
- Customer Service – providing the highest quality customer service at all times
- Team Work