A well-known car buying services company in the region is looking for an experienced car buying professional to join them. You will be responsible for working with internal groups to complete the acquisition and disposal of the vehicles, ensuring P & L goals are met.
- Work with sales, field management, and remarketing to understand the needs, recommend on proper disposal channel and price vehicles
- Work with internal departments to execute the deal and purchase the vehicles, coordinate appraisals.
- Work with maintenance department to determine if needed repairs are completed internally or outsourced.
- Manage the remarketing of the purchased vehicles, list for sale, pricing, marketing and setting discounts
- Develop and run reports, analyze results of purchase and sell process, manage location P & L
- Identify and manage process improvement projects to improve the purchase/sell process and profitability.
- Interpret management policy in the acquisition and disposal of used vehicles from new lease customers.
- Make recommendations and give expert advice on the proper disposal of the units, pricing and discounts.
- Resolve complaints from the end-user if issues arise after resale by determining if the company covers the expense to make repairs or not.
- Other projects assigned by the manager.
- 2+ years Used car valuation experience
- Regional experience and advantage but not essential
- Should be passionate about cars
- Strong customer closing skills
- Energetic and committed
- Happy to go the extra mile (Overtime etc.)
- Vehicle technical knowledge an advantage (i.e. Ex mechanic)