A distinguished transportation company is searching for a Senior Pricing expert with substantial analytical and statistical experience to join their company. The qualified candidate will work closely with business operations, pricing modeling group to confirm pricing strategies and determine optimal prices in order to achieve strategic objectives.
- Operating, using and managing the customer pricing systems within LD business sector to maximize load factors and yield
- Identifying and monitoring all forms of competition to company business sector routes, and taking appropriate actions related to pricing to ensure the company remains competitive and maximizes load factor and yield
- Identifying and implementing external impact factors on demand and pricing, including but not limited to: school and other holidays and special events throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; specific competitor actions (e.g. new routes or new lines or new stations); etc.
- Identifying and designing appropriate KPIs and reporting formats to demonstrate the effectiveness of pricing strategies to maximize load factors and yield across the network, on specific city to city pairings, specific routes or trips, or other metrics as required
- Working with the Senior Business Analyst to create strategies to maximize load factor, yield and profitability on specific trips, routes, cities or networks, particularly to address specific financial objectives in the short, medium and long-term
- Determining appropriate pricing strategies for new or revised routes, to meet stated objectives
- Working with the Senior Business Analyst to assist in the development of business cases or other specific analyses required by LD management
- Identifying data requirements, and gaps in data, required to carry out the above functions, and make suggestions as to how to fill data gaps
- Providing timely and accurate data and analysis required for other sectors or departments as directed by LD management
- Working with the Senior Business Analyst to create revenue forecasts for business case development and financial forecasting and budgeting
- Providing all reporting, output and processes to internationally recognized best practice standards
- Bachelor’s degree
- Saudi National
- 5+ years related experience.
- Excellent communicator – speaks and writes clearly and to the point.
- Analytical and organized with relentless attention to detail.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and affinity for numbers.
- Experience of a revenue management or yield management role within a transport, logistics or other sector that uses revenue/yield management pricing systems and techniques
- Independent thinking, able to devise ways of meeting the key task requirements, and to challenge the status quo. Able to devise pricing strategies without the need for prompting, to address specific problems (e.g. specific route or city has reduced load factors or lower yields, which need a specific strategy to address these problems)
- Ability to deeply understand the commercial impact of revenue management and yield management techniques on the profitability of the LD sector
- Technically and commercially "savvy" - can use systems and prepare reports showing the impact of pricing strategies; is aware of the impact of competitors and competitive action
- Appropriate qualifications that demonstrate the expertise required for the role
- Experience of transport or logistics sector desirable if candidate is from another sector that uses revenue / yield management pricing systems and techniques