The job holder is responsible to formulate and implement the overall Eastern Motors Sales Department’s annual strategy and business plan to ensure alignment with the Company’s and Group’s goals and objectives. Leads and manages sales activities by managing staff, driving sales performance, planning, executing marketing initiatives/campaigns and optimizing utilization of market potential to maximize business revenue and achieve profits while ensuring high level of customer satisfaction at every step.
The job holder assumes Profit and Loss responsibility for the department.
- Prepares and proposes the annual budget and business strategy for Sales Department in close coordination with the General Manager, communicates and ensures implementation of the approved strategy throughout the department so that efforts are in line with the overall Group’s, Company’s and Principal’s goals and objectives.
- Creates annual business plans and proposes department’s targets including quantity and model mix. Ensures that targets are communicated and cascaded through the function by supporting line supervisor in setting individual’s targets.
- Reviews Sales Department turnover and profitability status. Analyzes, evaluates detailed reports to monitor progress and ensures department budget/targets are achieved leading to the overall company budget achievement. This includes meeting with the line manager on a regular basis to share status, achievements and action plans.
- Plays a vital role in the new vehicle ordering process to ensure balancing supply against the demand. This reviewing and analysing historical sales data, sales forecast and market trends and propose appropriate quantities and model mix to achieve department’s targets.
- Manages pricing structure for the Used Car Section including demo, courtesy and trade-in cars to ensure converting all transactions into a profit opportunity for the Company.
- Manages vehicle inventory function ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained at all times to balance business demand against carrying cost for the purpose of maximizing profits.
Marketing Initiatives and Plans
- Prepares annual marketing plans (initiatives/campaigns) in coordination with the Group Marketing Department, Sales Management Team of EMC and WM. Upon approval, manages implementation of these plans for the purpose of enhancing brand recognition, increasing sales and meeting Principals’ requirement.
- Monitors competitors’ strategy, pricing, activities and benchmarks performance against competition and reacts accordingly to stay ahead of competition to retain and increase market share.
- Manages vehicle launches and other sales related events in Al Ain in order to increase exposure and sales opportunities. This includes working in close coordination with the Marketing Department and EMC/WM Sales Management Team.
Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI)
- Analyses sales satisfaction survey results, understands the root causes and ensures actions are in place, to proactively manage the customer expectations. This includes monitoring progress and reviewing them to take corrective actions and/or provide solutions for further improvement
- Reviews and addresses key customer complaints personally and ensures satisfactory solutions are found to resolve the issue.
Business Relationship Management
- Establishes and maintains effective business relationships with key external parties to facilitate business progress and growth. This also includes facilitating Principal’s and Government officials’ visits to the EM sales showrooms.
- Establishes and maintain strong working relationships with other Automotive Companys’ Sales management in the Group on matters related to stock ordering, stock availabilities, training, promotional activities, pricing, strategy, business development, cross selling opportunities to ensure smooth flow of operation
- Attends sales and marketing meetings together with the EMC and WM Sales Management to review marketing results and also to remain updated with changes in the process, concept, strategy, action plans and/or pricing
- Represents the Business Unit and the Group in domestic business communities to establish relationships with the private sector, government sector, industry associations and other business partners and suppliers
Policies and Procedures
- Ensures Group and principals’ policies and procedures are appropriately cascaded and implemented throughout the department. This includes ensuring actions of all line managers/supervisors and employees are in compliance and also provides guidance in interpreting those policies
- Continuously updates the department’s SOP’s, operational policies and procedures and its technical infrastructure (as and when necessary) to ensure processes are clearly defined and effectively communicated
- Supports line management in conducting training need analysis by evaluating technical capabilities and skill levels. Creates training plans and programs, ensures their implementation and evaluates training results. All of this will assure presence of a skilled, productive and motivated technical workforce throughout the function for efficient achievement of targets.
- Conducts monthly performance reviews. Coaches and councils the team to improve and enhance performance. Provides support, necessary tools and information enabling them to accomplish their tasks in fast and efficient manner.
- Ensures regular sales meetings are conducted to review progress and discuss operations issues
- Reviews monthly incentives and sales commission payments before forwarding to the GM for approval. Studies, analyzes and recommends changes to the schemes for the purpose aligning these schemes with the annual business targets and also increasing staff motivation levels.
- Carries out manpower planning and ensures timely recruitment (internal and external) of required staff to facilitate smooth operation
- Actively manages and prioritizes initiatives and resource requirements to meet business objectives and financial plans.
Actively contributes to the achievement of the Group’s Emiratization targets by ensuring that targets under own areas of responsibility are achieved and to contribute to the training, development and retention of UAE Nationals.
The job holder is responsible for managing and controlling the EM Vehicle Sales department. Eastern Motors, currently represents, under the scope of vehicle sales, Mercedes Benz Passenger & Commercial Vehicles, Jeep Vehicles and Fiat Passenger and Commercial vehicles in Al Ain. In addition, it also sells all makes of used vehicles.
The jobholder operates in a highly competitive environment where efforts are mainly required in retaining existing and acquiring new customers. In this context the challenges posed are 1) managing heterogeneous customer base and sales channels as a result of wider brand and vehicle category scope, 2) competition from other luxury car brands as well as dealers, 3) product related issues, 4) High customer expectation associated to the brands and 5) relationship management with key stake holders including (but not limited to), Sheik’s and other Government offices, VIP customers, Principals and fleet/corporate owners and 8) compliance with the Dealer Retail Standard throughout sales activities. The jobholder therefore is required to put continuous efforts in studying market dynamics, competition strategies and accordingly recommending and/or planning, implementing strong advertising campaigns, initiatives to strengthen EM market positioning. The job holder will be required to strategically influence customers and build lasting relationships to create a win-win situation. Forward planning will be carried out on an annual basis, however reviewed each month. The role requires flexibility to work after hours and/or weekends to meet deadlines and/or to attend conference, seminars, and exhibitions, both domestic and international.
The jobholder formulates annual budget and business strategy for the Sales Department. She/he leads the communication of approved strategy throughout the department, creates annual business plans and sets department’s targets to achieve overall business strategy.
The jobholder will authorize discounts, where an appropriate justification exists, on vehicle as per defined limits in the Authority Matrix. When required by the authority matrix, the jobholder will also escalate discounts for higher approval with appropriate business justification. The jobholder will authorize the purchase of capital items (CAPEX) within the defined spending limits and also the service related Local Purchase Orders (LPO). The jobholder will review and monitor budget overrun for operating costs against budget, plans and initiates measures to control cost where required.
Processes at operational level within Sales Department are mainly guided by the Principal, however the jobholder is required to ensure compliance to those set standards at all times. Coordination and communication with principals’ is mainly managed by the EMC and WM Sales Management. Broader level marketing plans/initiatives and campaigns are also discussed and agreed together with the Marketing, EMC and WM Management. However, execution and implementation of approved plans remains job holder’s responsibility together with the development of local marketing initiatives. The jobholder actively participates in vehicles pricing model/structures with EMC/WM management to ensure that it takes into account the local market and customer analysis.
Communication & Working Relationships:
- GM for agreeing proposals, and ongoing feedback on progress. CEO-Automotive where required by the GM
- Team for all relevant communication, BU performance status and individual progress.
- EM Aftersales Management on vehicle and customer issues as well as overall business performance
- GM and Sales Management other automotive companies/department i.e. EMC and WM on related
- Other Shared Service Department e.g. Finance, HR, IT, Marketing and Projects on need basis.
- Sheiks Offices, other Government officials, VIP customers and corporate clients (mainly CEO and GMs)
- Principals (where applicable)
- Other industry leaders and experts (CEO and GMs) Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognised Institute
Minimum 7 to 8 years experience in the automotive sales environment, gained through progressive roles. 3 years of which should be in a managerial capacity of a large scale sales operations
Knowledge & Skills
- Sound knowledge of Passenger Cars, Commercial Vehicles business
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong financial awareness and business acumen
- Written and verbal communication in English (other regionally spoken languages including Arabic would be an added advantage)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strategic Orientation
- Commercial Awareness
- Result Oriented
- Decision Making
- Change Management
- Energize Others
- Team Development
- Effective Communication