This position assumes direct unit sales responsibility in the assigned territory
- Direct sales in the assigned territory and ensuring adequate market coverage.
- Prepares daily visit plan and ensures that visits are made in a planned manner. Prepares call reports and escalates any pressing issues resulting from the visits.
- Identifies potential guests (new / old), understands their requirements; prepares quotations and explains our products, services / terms / warranties in a professional manner -consistent with the vision of ALJ Machinery.
- Regularly interacts with guests to inquire about product performance and offers assistance in resolution of all queries.
- Reports on lost business and gathers market information on competitor activities.
- Provides forecasts to the Regional Sales Manager.
- For the preparation of annual budgets, provides forecasts to his supervisor.
- Purchases tender documents and liaisons with the Application Engineer for their timely completion and submission.
- Promotes secured payment terms and ensures timely collection of receivables.
- Continuously enhances his product & technical skills. This is achieved through participation in computer based trainings, on-job learning and through trainings organized by ALJ.
- Provides input as soon as there is an update in a guest’s profile.
Qualification / Experience / Specific Skills / Behavioural Competencies
- A bachelor degree or preferably with additional commercial qualification (M.B.A/ Economics or Commerce); for Executives, qualification is flexible as long as relevant industry experience is substantiated.
- At least 2 years of experience in sales of heavy machinery / trucks / mining equipment. Senior Sales Executive should possess at least 4 years of experience in equipment industry, of which the most recent two years should have been with a leading distributor of heavy machinery.
- Fluency in English is necessary; ability to communicate in Arabic is preferred
Job Specific Skills
- Technical acumen
- Ability to prepare forecasts
- Cost benefit analysis, value based selling, unique selling features
- Presentation skills, self-confidence
- Expert in MS office
Extrovert, Inquisitive, Interpersonal skills, Communication skills and guest centricity.