PURPOSE & SCOPE:
- To sell the required number of vehicles as per your target while maximising the profit on each unit sold, and working with the dealership’s agreed sales processes and methods.
- To ensure that all customers are informed of and shown all available options, extras, accessories, extended warranties and other value added products.
- To ensure that all customers are properly qualified in respect of methods of vehicle funding, and are referred to the Business Manager.
- To strive to delight customers and work towards achieving the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- To proactively seek and secure repeat and additional vehicle sales using prospecting, follow-up, referral and other available methods.
- To update the dealership’s records with customer information to ensure that the database is fully and accurately maintained.
- To accurately describe and appraise all part-exchange vehicles in order that the Sales Manager can clearly and easily provide the most accurate valuation.
MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES:
Selling & Marketing:
- Ensure that the customer details is updated and cleansed as necessary.
- Ensure demonstration vehicles, showroom and forecourt stock are immaculate and serviceable for display and demonstration to prospective customers.
- To continually update knowledge manufacturer’s new models, developments and specifications and prices.
Communicating with other staff:
- Ensure that operational and sale- related information is communicated to all other appropriate departmental staff, thus maintaining accurate records. Such information will include, but not be restricted to, sales of vehicles, cancellation of orders, finance refusals, customer and prospect record details, and messages received.
- Work effectively with other sales team members in order to provide cover and maintain continuity of customer relations and service, particularly when leaving the showroom or the premises during the working day.
Training and Development:
- Attend manufacturer and other training programmes as necessary to maintain product knowledge, particularly on new products, new and updated models, specifications and options, so to be able to present in an expert way to customers and other staff alike.
- Keep updated on competitors’ products, prices and specifications and be able to relay information to customers in order to assist their consideration and purchase of vehicles and extras.
- Keep updated on public perceptions of the industry, the dealership and its products.
Administration and Control of expense:
- Meet with the Sales Manager and review daily, all activities, enquiries and the results of prospecting and marketing to assess progress towards targets and plans.
- Ensure all customer transactions are completely and accurately recorded. Ensure that all necessary paperwork and information is passed to sales administration immediately.
- Ensure that all payments for vehicles are complete and correct for each transaction including those for items back-sold or agreed at time of delivery. Ensure that customers understand the methods of payment available, and the methods used to clear outstanding finance obligations.
- Ensure full approval on new finance written prior to vehicle handover.
- Keep safe custody of all documentation, both customer and vehicle, and report any missing, inaccurate or defective records.
- Record all prospects’ details and enquiries in a comprehensive and clear manner to enable management review to be meaningful and effective.
- To report any losses and/or damage immediately.
- Ensure that all customers are handled with total honesty and courtesy.
- Ensure that customers’ requirements are accurately qualified and met in full.
- Interact with all potential and actual customers so as to enhance the reputation and standing of the company.
- Ensure the Sales Manager is aware of your personal whereabouts at all times.
- Interact professionally and discreetly with third parties when discussing customers’ affairs.
- Ensure all customers are advised of delays, changes in circumstances and any alteration in the specification of vehicles currently awaiting delivery.
- Ensure that the vehicle hand-over delights the customer and is undertaken in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure the comfort, safety and security of people, vehicles and property at all times, reporting any known faults or hazards.
KEY TASKS AND PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
Sales & Marketing:
- Recognise, process and follow-up suitable sales prospects in accordance with BEHBEHANI BROTHERS Ltd Sales Processes as agreed with the Sales Manager.
- Ensure pre-delivery vehicle preparation and any required and agreed repairs, servicing and accessory fitments are carried out prior to final hand-over to the customer.
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities using proactive methods.
- Report and discuss as and when required agreed performance ratios, comparing actual with targeted performance.
- Respond promptly to all customer enquiries, communications and requests.
- Deal satisfactorily with all customer queries within 1 working day of any query being raised, referring it to Management as necessary.
- Review orders taken and sales completed on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all vehicle and supplementary invoices, finance statements, disclaimers, legal notices, licensing paperwork and other communications to customers are clear, unambiguous and easily understandable by all parties.
- Ensure vehicle handovers take place to customers’ complete satisfaction.
Control of Resources:
- Report all extraneous costs to the Sales Manager on a daily basis.
- Report any losses and damage to the Sales Manager immediately.
- Contract to purchase vehicles that have been accurately appraised, subject to approval by the Sales Manager.
- Discuss with Sales Manager the availability of pipeline stock and vehicles actively sought by the dealership.
- Report to the Sales Manager customer requirements with regard to vehicles not available from stock and update the vehicle wanted lists.
- Authority to instruct vehicle administration staff in the processing of documentation and paperwork, subject to the approval of the Sales Manager.
- Authority to instruct and supervise staff and customers in situations of emergency or danger.
- To assist in the training of Junior Sales Executive.
- Identification of credit and service requirements.
Any other duties as and when required by senior company managers that are reasonably within the capabilities of the person and are aimed at achieving the company’s objectives and goals.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- The highest standards in personal appearance and hygiene.
- Capable of conversing with others pleasantly, clearly and effectively.
- Knowledge of sales processes, including the ability to fully and accurately qualify customer needs.
- Be able to drive a variety of vehicles in a calm, safe and reassuring manner. Be able to demonstrate a history of driving free from excessive infringements and offences.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of customer legislation, regulations and trade practices as well as vehicle legislation as it affects the industry.ail
- High level of numeracy and literacy and an ability to think quickly during a negotiation process.
- Capable of accurately detailing used vehicle appraisals and suggesting valuations to the Sales Manager.
- Demonstrate willingness and enthusiasm at all times to engage in training and personal development.