An established automotive pioneer that aims in improving performance and high-quality standards of customer service is looking for a skilled and motivated individual to join their company. You will be responsible for proper paint application and powder coat process per production specifications. Maintains pre-treatment equipment, spray booths, ovens and manual powder gun applicators.
- Apply the required powder coat, using the appropriate spray gun and nozzle to achieve the desired results.
- Spraying all types of wet paint coats without any defects and matching the paint texture to the original finish.
- Perform fine adjustments of all color coats, with a similarity to target colors.
- Prepare metal and other parts using the appropriate mechanical or chemical techniques, to remove all dirt and impurities and deposits.
- Identify the ideal temperature and time for the powder coat curing process.
- Treat all the rusty parts and resisting impurities and deposits using an appropriate Bead or Media Blasting as necessary.
- Apply proper masking over areas not subject to paint, to ensure clean finish.
- Identify the appropriate polish product applicable for each application, to avoid any damage.
- Ensure the proper use and maintenance of all the tools and equipment.
- Achieve all the productive targets as set by the department.
- Ensure all quality standards, processes, procedures and policies are met at all times.
- All other job-related duties, as assigned.
- Secondary School or Diploma in a related subject.
- 2 - 3 years of experience and / or a combination of experience and education.
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
- Good manual dexterity; ability to work with hand tools.
- Basic computer literacy (MS Office Suite)
- General knowledge of operating hand tools, portable power tools, and bench tools.
- Strong attention to detail; quality focused and a quick learner.