An exclusive distributor of well-known automotive brands in the region is looking for an experienced and qualified spare parts professional to join their company. You will be responsible for running a profitable and efficient parts department through the use of proper procurement procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying and advertising.
- Develops, communicates, enforces and monitors effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Promotes and merchandises parts and accessories in conjunction with other store locations
- Develops and executes Parts Department marketing plan and monitors monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them.
- Work with the After Sales Manager to insure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
- Maintain the stocks of auto parts and ensure that there is adequate supply.
- Maintains an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes a continuous and/or annual physical inventory and proper counter procedures.
- Prepare and administer an annual operating budget for the parts department.
- Submits all parts warranty and return claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit.
- Maximizes use of all order discount programs to achieve management stock order goals
- Ensures all department tools, equipment and vehicles are in good working order.
- Ensure to coordinate with Parts Storekeeper so parts are stored properly and easy to locate.
- Responsible to place orders to the manufacturer on the requirements of the parts. This order has to be carefully decided and they also have to anticipate the customer demand.
- Ensure to report to the After Sales Manager and update on the latest production, stock and sales reports. They also have to send important figures to the accounts departments for maintaining the books.
- Understand and comply with local regulations that may affect parts sales.
- Provide technical assistant to parts department employees.
- To be able to utilize the staff of the parts departments in a proper manner. Conduct meetings with parts department employees to discuss activities and problems of mutual interest and to develop strategies for a more efficient operation.
- Handle customer complaints immediately and according to the dealer guidelines.
- Establish and enforce a pricing policy that balances volume, customer loyalty and the cost of doing business.
- University degree in mechanical or automobile engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in automobile dealership in which 5 years must be in supervisory / managerial role.
- Fluent in English / Arabic.
- Proficiency in dealership management systems, ERP & inventory management.