To oversee the parts function and implement plans in order to achieve set targets in terms of revenue, profit and effective customer satisfaction in line with the business objectives while maintaining an optimal stock of parts in to meet after sales objectives.
Strategic Planning and Performance Management:
- Contribute to the development of the automotive strategy by developing the annual parts management plan to ensure that the activities performed are aligned to the overall automotive strategy.
- Monitor the performance of the parts management department and prepare periodic reports on its overall performance to ensure performance deviations are identified and reported in a timely manner and that actions are adjusted to achieve the set annual plans.
- Alignment of parts management plan with the financial controller plan and overall business strategy and plan.
- Timely formulation and implementation of the annual plan.
- % achievement of set targets and objectives.
Contribute to the preparation of the parts management budget, and monitor the financial performance of the parts management activities versus set budget to ensure alignment with set budget guidelines.
- Financial variance versus budget.
- Budgets and plans prepared timely and accurately in line with the annual budget parameters and timescales.
Policies & Procedures:
- Develop policies processes and procedures pertaining to parts management department and manage their implementation to ensure adherence and fulfilment of all relevant requirements.
- Compliance with procedural and legislative requirements.
- Effective communication of policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the parts management department providing guidance in the related area, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and ensure that employees’ activities are performed in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Compliance of the day-to-day operations with the set standards, policies and procedures.
- Oversee parts procurement plans, optimum inventory levels and pricing guidelines in line with the market conditions to ensure timely supply and cost effectiveness is achieved in line with the procurement objectives.
- Inventory costs.
- Relevant decision making based on agreed plans.
- Procurement plans implemented.
- Oversee and maintain optimal inventory levels in order to minimize inventory carrying costs while meeting the business requirements.
- Supervise the pricing policies in order to achieve or exceed gross margin and profit objectives.
- Monitor the proper distribution and timely dispatch of spare parts in order to meet requirements of parts management and service workshops in different locations.
- Manage parts warehouse in order to ensure efficient and secure storage and easy retrieval of parts when required.
- Timely delivery of parts.
- Parts operating profits targets.
Quality Parts Standards:
- Oversee pre-delivery inspection, parts requirements, new model stock order, pre-bookings trends, back orders, inventory control and body shop in order to ensure the right parts are available and there is no delay or loss of labour hours due to lack of co-ordination.
- Quality and availability of parts.
- Maintain effective relations with customers and other key external parties in order to facilitate business and achieve operations targets.
- Oversee the reports, market data and analyses on a regular basis in order to ensure proper communication and service is delivered to customers.
- Quality of relationship with customers.
- Customer satisfaction index.
- Stimulate team members and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Number and quality of improvements are in line with corporate expectations and implemented.
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the human resources function to guarantee employee safety, security legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Degree of non-compliance with safety, quality and environmental policies and procedures.
- Frequency of Lost Time Incident’s, safety incidents and near misses.
- Ensure all staff have clear objectives, regular performance feedback sessions, formal annual appraisals, and individual development plans, with particular emphasis on the development of talented Saudi national staff.
- Function is fully manned with competent, properly trained staff.
- Robust succession.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS (ILLUSTRATIVE NOT EXHAUSTIVE):
Regular interactions with the After Sales to provide up-date on progress against strategic objectives, and report any significant matters.
Regular interactions with the Automotive departments to coordinate on cross-functional matters, ensure effective sharing of critical information and resolve major issues.
Regular interactions with direct subordinates to manage and oversee performance of the function, provide guidance and manage the day-to-day operations.
Vendors, Customers, Dealers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & COMPETENCIES:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
At least 8-10 years of experience in the automotive industry or any related field; with 4 years in a managerial position in a similar field.
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced planning skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
Advanced knowledge of workshops practices