An integrated provider of automotive solutions is looking for an experienced candidate to join their parts sales department. The successful candidate will be responsible for maximizing the sales to internal and external customers, through the management of an empowered parts team focused on the acquisition and retention of customers, in order to achieve the agreed profit and asset management objectives.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key customers / fleet owners to explore and acquire new business opportunities and understand market trends.
- Develops parts strategy for the financial year to set measures and targets. This involves preparing annual parts stock targets for each location.
- Monitors competition and market trends to keep abreast with the trends or gain competitive advantage. This includes working closely with the marketing department to improve sales
- Contributes to the inventory process during the perpetual / annual stock check
- Work and maintain all operations within the ISO 9002 and HSE standards set by the company
- Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures and conduct site visits to each location regularly to ensure smooth functioning of combined teams. This includes monitoring and controlling operational efficiency at all levels and outlets for activities ranging from managing stock levels, and value of parts / cost-effective original equipment and special tools
- Prepares monthly statistical reports and reviews them jointly with the Head of Aftersales/General Manager to provide updates on service performance in terms of gross profit, sales revenue and net profit for the specific business and in comparison with the remaining aspects of the business
- Proposes and agrees budgets in conjunction with the Head of Aftersales/General Manager related to parts for outlets within his purview, manpower, equipment, training to maintain an astute balance of resource allocation and costs. This includes evaluating overrun budgets and putting cost control measures in place
- Ensures that excellent internal working relations with colleagues, peers across company, providing assistance and support when required.
- Ensures motivating the team by providing the development opportunities and the facilities.
- Work towards business improvement while continuously looking for ways to improve business best practice performance of the department and communicating ideas for review.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering
- Senior parts manager with at least 8 - 10 years of experience, currently managing a large parts operation at regional or group level
- Strong financial / profit and loss skills
- Driven, focused, creative and assertive
- Written and verbal communication in English Mandatory / Arabic Desirable
- Proficient in MS Office and Dealer Management Systems (DMS)