Responsible for the development of the parts and service business both strategically and operationally, ensuring profitable growth, an efficient operation and a high level of customer satisfaction.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Develop and implement, together with the Business Line Managers and with approval from General Manager, the sales and distribution strategy for parts and service for all Rolaco Equipment products
- Develop the annual business and operational plan.
- Meet key performance indicators, volume and profitability targets for
- Parts sales, marketing and support
- Service sales, warranty handling and support
- Service and parts agreement - sales and marketing
- Network operational development (processes, systems, technical and training, quality, etc)
- Management and supervision of the service network and parts outlets, with direct reporting from the Regional Service Managers profitability
- Profit and loss responsibility for the after-sales business
- Look for opportunities to increase efficiency and profitability, while respecting operating standards of Principals
- Take actions to sustain, retain and enhance levels of customer satisfaction
- Work with team to develop understanding and implementation of customer focussed environment, setting clear objectives/targets
- Respond promptly to any customer complaints and ensure timely and correct resolution.
- Liaise with external companies (customers and suppliers) to ensure good working relationships are developed.
- Ensure warranty procedures are followed correctly to ensure prompt recovery of monies due.
- Recruit, coach and appraise team to ensure they are operating to full potential.
- Ensure that company standards are followed in relation to control of funds, premises, vehicles, and other company resources.
- Ensuring inventory turn levels, parts availability and parts obsolescence targets are met
- Provide clear direction, prioritize tasks, assign and delegate responsibility and monitor the workflow of the team.
- Ensure high motivation and satisfaction of after-sales employees, engendering high customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the team complies with Rolaco’s policies, processes, practices and systems, and maintains Rolaco’s high standard of work and work ethic.
- Supervise, assess, monitor, and assign day to day work for team in order to ensure that work is done on time and accurately.
- Follow up on the attendance of employees and monitor their appearance and interaction with stakeholders.
- Provide weekly, monthly & yearly reports as required by the Head of Operation.
- Identify staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved. Work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model appropriate technical skills.
- Provide feedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of trends in performance.
Job Related Skills:
- Be able to guide and direct a team of both technician s and parts sales and logistics.
- Experience of setting and communicating goals absorbed and accepted by the organization.
- A strong customer focus, ‘hands-on” in dealing with problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills – Arab speaking.
- Team player, but decisive leader.
- Negotiation and influence skills.
- Strong value driven, role model with aptitude to inspire and develop people.
- Challenged by interacting in a fast-changing and demanding environment.