To lead Bakhashab’s automotive business in ensuring the effective implementation of the business strategy, business growth and operational plans in order to achieve or exceed targeted revenues, profitability and business development aligned with Bakhashab corporate vision, mission and strategy.
Strategic Planning and Performance Management:
- Contribute to the development of the company’s overall strategy in close coordination with the CEO and management team, in order to align the company’s strategy with its vision and mission.
- Direct the development of the automotive strategy in line with the overall company strategy and objectives to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration within other interfacing business units.
- Monitor the performance of the automotive business unit and prepare periodic reports on its overall performance to ensure deviations from performance targets are identified and reported in a timely manner, and that actions are adjusted to achieve set action plans.
- Acceptance of the automotive strategy.
- Quality viability and degree of implementation / realisation of the functional strategy.
- % deviation from the set strategic objectives and performance targets.
- Oversee the development and consolidation of the automotive budget, in coordination with Finance, to ensure alignment with budget guidelines.
- Monitor financial performance versus budget to keep track of costs and areas of unsatisfactory performance to ensure improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Financial variance versus budget.
- Budgets and plans prepared within budgeting process timescales.
- Accuracy of budgets.
Policies & Procedures:
- Oversee the accurate development and implementation of the appropriate automotive policies and people management practices, in order to support the realisation of the company’s strategic objectives and comply with leading best practices and standards, as well as with local legislation and regulations.
- Compliance with procedural and legislative requirements.
- Effective communication of policies and procedures.
- Define an optimum organisation structure for the function overseen to ensure that work is optimally organised, resources are optimally utilised and communication can take place in an efficient and effective manner.
- Effectiveness of the functional organisational structure
- Ensure the Automotive functions are organized and running efficiently in order to deliver vehicles of the required quality in a safe, reliable and cost-effective manner.
- Oversee the tactical and strategic management of automotive activities including sales, maintenance, commercial, accounting, personnel, and purchasing.
- Direct the effective management of the automotive business unit, ensuring the efficient planning and allocation of all resources and implementation of appropriate standards and controls to ensure that all company activities are carried out in an efficient and effective manner, meeting or exceeding the overall revenue, profitability and growth targets of the company.
- Company revenues and profitability targets are met or exceeded
- All growth targets of the company are met or exceeded
- Directs the identification of opportunities within and beyond the current portfolio in order to grow channels acquisitions and drive the growth in sales and revenues.
- Number of new opportunities identified and pursued as business objectives
Maintenance & Parts:
- Direct the effective maintenance of vehicles in order to ensure an effective and efficient levels of service.
- Oversee the development and implementation of parts strategy and plans to meet the Business objectives while ensuring an optimal stock of parts.
- Actual performance versus plans.
- Average time to restore service.
- Availability of stocks
Sales & Marketing
- Oversee the sales, marketing and after sales operations within the showrooms in order to ensure that sales and profitability targets are achieved as well as a high customer focus and service standards are maintained by the showroom staff and dealers representatives
- Maximizing revenues and returns
- Oversees the work of the Purchasing function to ensure the requisite availability of vehicles and services and that these are acquired at optimum prices and working capital levels are also optimized
- Total purchase spend optimized
- Working capital levels optimized and in line with budget
External Relationship Management:
- Manages the external relationships with various stakeholders in order to ensure that the appropriate level of external services are obtained to the best advantage of the company
- External relationships are properly maintained and obtain commercial advantage
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the corporate services function to guarantee employee safety, security legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Degree of non-compliance with safety, quality and environmental policies and procedures.
- Frequency of Lost Time Incident’s, safety incidents and near misses.
- Direct the recruitment and development of functional staff and motivate personnel to ensure that all functions are staffed with individuals of the required calibre, and that there is adequate succession planning and provision for future demands.
- Function is fully manned with competent, properly trained staff.
- Robust succession.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS (ILLUSTRATIVE NOT EXHAUSTIVE):
Regular interactions with the CEO, and other management team members to report on performance of the areas managed, discuss issues of strategy and policy and undertake day-to-day top level decision making.
Regular interactions with reporting managers to receive reports and review performance of their functions provide policy guidance and address significant day-to-day operational issues.
Government Entities, Key Customers, Vendors, Suppliers, ISUZU, Service Providers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & COMPETENCIES:
Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
At least 12 years of experience in the same field; with 6 years in a managerial position.
Extensive experience in the Automotive industry.
- Advanced leadership skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of the automotive industry