- Manages the Industrial Solutions Business Unit and ensures that it's efficiently achieving its set business objectives
- Provides support, resources and budget input in accordance with AAB's long and short term objectives
- Oversees and manages the sales team to achieve maximum profitability and growth, and manage all the sales related activities in order to achieve the set targets.
I. Business Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the setup, implementation and accomplishment of the BU's business strategies and achievement of both short term and long-term goals for the Industrial Solutions Department
- Prepares the sales targets by conducting market analysis and forecast, in coordination with the head of the business
- Manages the sales team as per the business plan and meets the agreed target
- Responsible for all approvals regarding to credit application, sales order, order placement, quotations, warranty, price list, discounts, invoicing management, etc.
- Formulates and implements the policies and procedures for the Industrial Solutions Department (Incentives, Credits, PDC, etc.), following the company's standards
- Carries out a market surveys, analyses the sales campaigns in coordination with marketing team and leads the team in implementing effective advertising and promotional plans to achieve Industrial Solutions sales objectives
- Develops the necessary sales tools to meet the sales and profit objectives as set by the management
- Liaises with the sales team on the available after-sales services and promotes such services to customers as part of the sales process
- Analyses industry pricing trends in the region and establishes reasonable recovery rates for Industrial Solutions
- Identifies the slow and non-moving products that need marketing assistance and provides feedback on the best approach to market such products to customers;
- Responsible for the submission of regular sales reports presenting various sales figures, target sales for the subsequent month, as well as total sales discounts and conveys conclusions and recommendations to the line manager.
II. Budgeting and Cost Control
- Prepares, on a monthly basis, budget variances and coordinates with line manager and the head of the division to implement programs in order to achieve the budgeted figures
- Tracks and reports on assigned project cost performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive and prioritized view of all operational projects
- Monitors and reports the actual Industrial Solutions budgetary spending with break-ups on various activities to Senior Manager - Industrial & Automotive
- Responsible for preparing the yearly manpower planning for Industrial Solutions Department.
III. Staff Management
- Holds regular meetings with sales team to monitor their activities and sales achievements
- Provides operational advice on processes and procedures to Industrial Solutions staff when needed
- Motivates and counsels the sales team on skills development, product knowledge development and target achievement
- Provides appropriate career building and professional development activities to ensure a climate of growth for all employee in the department
- Provides all the necessary training on the operational areas covered by own position
- Routinely monitors areas where growth is needed or possible and where existing resources can be further enhanced and helps preparing the Development/Training Plan for the Department, ensuring that performance gaps are covered and professional development is addressed by the Training Plan
- Is responsible for setting the objectives, KPIs and direction of the department's staff and the proper coordination of the TPMS cycle
IV. General Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with the overall AAB's policies and procedures
- Ensures that the appearance of the I&A premises is up to standard and positively represents AAB's corporate value and high-quality image
- Participates in regular and ad hoc management information meetings and/or reporting sessions, as required
- Performs other work-related duties, as may be reasonably required by the Senior Management
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional events.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Master’s degree in Industrial engineering or equivalent education
- 10-15 years of experience in Industrial and Construction Solutions/Automotive
- GCC or Qatar experience is an advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Very good command of MS-Office, MS-Project
- Preferably bi-lingual speaker (Arabic, English).
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills including in complex environments
- Autonomous, highly motivated and result oriented working style.