Head of Legal will support the business goals and initiatives by providing proactive and pragmatic legal advice, while at the same time protecting the business interests of the company by ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Review, negotiate and advise on all contractual arrangements between the company and other parties. These contractual arrangements include both commercial and non-commercial matters including but not limited to joint venture structuring, financing, M&A, employment issues, policy drafting, as well as other legal matters;
- Liaise with external legal advisors on legal matters as and when necessary;
- Continuously review new and existing legislation that is relevant to the company, advising on necessary actions, if any;
- Ensure all company commercial and trade licenses are regularly renewed and up to date;
- Represent the company and manage any disputes or arbitration cases with suppliers, contractors, or customers, amongst others, as and when necessary;
- Ensure proper and systematic documentation and safekeeping of all legal documents;
- Provide support to the company’s management on ad hoc matters, as and when requested.
- Act as Company Secretary if and when requested;
- Liaise with all parties to ensure all resolutions of the Board of Directors are effectively implemented;
- Minute the meetings of the Board of Directors when/if acting as Company Secretary;
- Ensure Board compliance with all laws and regulations, as well as internal charters;
- Assist with the scheduling of Board Meetings;
- Ensure that all resolutions and minutes are properly stored and documented;
- Assist in organizing the company’s AGM;
- Provide support to the company’s Board of Directors on ad hoc matters, as and when requested.
- LLB required, preferably from a renowned university;
- Post graduate degree preferred;
- Training in a well-established law firm preferred;
- Work experience in a private sector or government sector UAE firm preferred;
- Minimum experience of 8 years;
- Fluent in Arabic and English (both spoken and written);
- Knowledge of UAE laws.