This position assumes direct sales responsibility for parts and service in the assigned territory
- Direct sales of Aftersales products (parts, service, lubricants, service agreements etc.) in the assigned territory and ensuring adequate market coverage.
- Prepares daily visit plan (requires liaison with parts counter) and ensures that visits are made in a planned manner. Escalates any issues resulting from the visits.
- To pro-actively generate business opportunities, conducts technical inspections and presents findings to guests.
- Ensures repair and parts quotations are sent timely and followed up. This requires close interaction with workshop and parts counter. Explains ALJ Machinery’s terms clearly.
- Updates the population of franchisee equipment as soon as information is available and provides forecasts (based on active population) to his supervisor.
- Regularly interacts with guests to inquire about product performance and offers assistance in resolution of all queries.
- Reports on lost business and provides competitor information.
- Provides forecasts to the Regional Aftersales Manager.
- Purchases tender documents and liaisons with his supervisor for their timely completion and submission.
- Promotes secured payment terms and ensures timely collection of receivables.
Qualification / Experience / Specific Skills / Behavioral Competencies
- A degree or diploma in Engineering (Mechatronics, Mechanical, Automotive) preferably with additional commercial qualification (B.B.A, Economics or Commerce); for non-technical executives, qualification is flexible as long as relevant industry experience is substantiated.
- At least 2 years of experience in sales of parts and service products in a related industry. Senior Guest Support Executives should possess at least 4 years of experience in equipment industry, of which the most recent two years should have been with a leading distributor of heavy machinery.
- Fluency in English is necessary; ability to communicate in Arabic is preferred
Job Specific Skills
- Technical acumen
- Awareness of comparison methods in parts
- Awareness of parts & service forecasting techniques
- Expert in MS office
- Presentation skills, self-confidence and understanding of value- based selling
Extrovert, Inquisitive, Interpersonal skills, Communication skills and guest centricity.
- Concern for order, Quality &
- Technical Expertise Motivation