One of the most reputed and successful retail & investment groups in the region is looking for a group financial controller to join their company. You will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of the Group’s high growth businesses. The role will encompass forecasting, cash management, internal monthly reporting and business partnering with key divisional management.
- Handle reporting to the group and monitor investment.
- Backup for the Group CFO when he is not available. He will not be part of the executive team but sometimes will stand in for the Group CFO.
- Influence behavior both within finance and the wider business for continuous improvement, particularly in areas such as cash receipts, billing, debt and WIP management
- Oversee all accounting procedures, financial transactions and systems used by the group
- Establish, implement and monitor the group's finance policies and procedures, incorporating both accounting policies and internal procedural controls
- Ensure the integrity of financial data on the chosen IT platform
- Support the centralized finance processing operation, driving efficiency through process improvement and standardization
- Prepare annual financial statements, tax returns and required regulatory returns as well as overseeing the external audit process and effectively manage the Finance team across multiple jurisdictions where applicable
- Manage relationships and budgets of external service providers including Tax, Audit and banking.
- Management of Accounting System and external support including month end close procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 15+ years of experience
- Must be fluent in both English
- Accounting Qualification (CA, CMA or equivalent)
- Strong in double entry
- Experience in family group – FMCG, Retail, Hospitality.
- Ideally someone from automotive industry who got experience in stock ageing, aftersales.
- Reliable, accurate, punctual and gets things done.