A diverse group of more than 20 companies operating in a variety of sectors is looking for an experienced professional for their commercial vehicles division. In this role you will lead the department to achieve high customer satisfaction, sales volume, profitability and control appropriate stock level, you will also continuously drive business performance to achieve financial objectives in a manner consistent with company policy.
- Plan annual business targets
- Develop business plans and strategy to meet the business objectives
- Direct department managers to achieve higher customer satisfaction, business efficiency as well as profitability
- Set key business targets such as sales target, profit target, inventory target, stock turnover
- Ensure the implementation of the Sales & After Sales business strategy and plans
- Maintain relationship with government and fleet customers
- Monitor competitor activities in the local market such as pricing, product mix and/or sales related processes and develop /adapt the relevant strategies
- Plan, implement and evaluate regularly DMEL and own promotion strategies and campaigns
- Ensure that the customer vehicle delivery process is according Mercedes-Benz standards
- Monitor internal CSI and develop improvement strategies
- Monitor performance of workshop, parts department, reception office and provide guidance whenever is needed
- Review the reports on quality control
- Control and approve annual budget and major activities for the departments
- Manage the performance of subordinates by setting targets and monitoring results
- Develop and motivate subordinates according their abilities and needs of the company
- Determine training needs and secure suitable training
- Perform any work as requested by the superior.
- Take short-term assignments in other branches / location if required by the company business.
- Project manage government tenders, contracts as required at Bid and execution stage
- 10+ years experience in Commercial vehicles
- Bachelors degree in any discipline or relevant training and experience
- Proven track record of planning, executing, and delivering operational sales, after sales and marketing strategies.
- Minimum 5 years of experience at General Manager level
- Experience of managing a successful franchised commercial vehicle dealership / distributor is a must, as are core leadership and managerial skills.