A third party Logistics company in the region is looking for a proactive candidate to join their company. You will be managing the company’s’ Freight Forwarding, Customs and Clearing department. Procuring, Operating, Handling and invoicing all services required and extended by and towards the Customers while ensuring the highest possible service levels and profitability.
- Establishing the company’s Freight Forwarding and Clearing Department
- Supporting the COO in developing benchmark and tailored Freight Forwarding Services for the customers
- Developing and Managing a benchmark team of Freight and Clearance professionals
- Ensure optimal utilization of assigned resources
- Identifying and selecting service providers for freight forwarding, road transportation, customs clearance and other services related to
- Developing, implementing and establishing procedures and systems to operate the Freight Forwarding and Clearance department
- Regular performance meetings with customers and suppliers
- Defining and monitoring performance objectives for assigned employees
- Managing the assigned team members and improve the capabilities of the team (i.e. training etc.)
- Develop and monitor the Budget assigned to the Departments Operations
- Perform any other duty and responsibilities as required
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that business priorities are clear and work is running smoothly
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of subordinates and ensure compliance with corporate policies and objectives
- Develop and implement a training plan as per the need of the company and employee
- Nominate a deputy to carry out the responsibility of the position when the need arises
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in managing an overall Freight & Clearance department
- 10 years total experience in operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Demonstrated competence in critical thinking and conflict management, decision making, strategic planning and people management.