The job holder is responsible for conducting site visits, providing product technical/functionality training to the customers, installation, investigating issues/product failure/malfunctioning and troubleshooting to ensure efficient product performance, minimizing operational disruption and maximizing customer satisfaction. The job holder is also responsible to carry out service marketing activities to maximize business opportunities and generates sales leads.
Customer Technical Training
- Provides technical training including user functionality training to the customers (on-site or via telephone, or by email as appropriate) at the time of installation and/or servicing to facilitate appropriate handling/utilization of the equipment/instrument/machinery by the customers.
- Conducts product training to rectify, change or enhance the methods of product application and usage. This includes educating customers on the HSE requirements related to the product usage to ensure appropriate customer awareness.
- Regularly conducts site visits to inspects equipment performance and also to build/maintain strong working relationships with the customers to generate future business opportunities.
- Conducts warranty terms and conditions related trainings to ensure spreading of warranty awareness among the customers.
- Provides on‐site installation, validation and commissioning of equipment/ instrument/machinery/tool either by self or oversees the process to ensure due compliance with manufacturer's specifications for appropriate and safe handling.
- Evaluates product efficiency and performance and based on that recommends replacement and/or new product purchases to the customers and sales team accordingly decisions can be made to ensure best possible return on investment.
- Provides technical consultation to the line manager and Business Development team for the feasibility of introducing any new product to the local market, also actively participates in forecasting the demand of related spare parts based on his/her interaction with customers and maintenance jobs data base.
Diagnosis and Troubleshooting
- Investigates issues concerning the product, its application or usage and accordingly advise and/or troubleshoot the problem to minimize the operational disruption and maximize customer satisfaction. This may include joint visits with the sales team or alone.
- Evaluates and accordingly advises customers in servicing and repairing equipment requirement including testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance plans in observance of the manufacturer's methods (recommendations and operating procedures) to ensure efficient use of time and compliance.
- Provides quotations to customers for the repairs considering the approved labour rate, time to be spent on the job, parts needed, and manufacturer guidelines in line with the approved authority matrix.
Joint Sales and Marketing
- Performing product, service marketing/promotional activities while at the customer site to generate business opportunities/leads for the sales team and develop new customers.
- Monitors competition marketing and promotional activities in the market and keeps updating the line Manager with any.
- Documents/logs all inspections, maintenance, service work by preparing a service report for each job worked with detailed information as appropriate for appropriate future reference or analysis.
- Reports non-availability of parts to the line manager, clarifies unclear and/or costly extensions on the repair order with the line manager and customer to ensure execution of approved activities only.
- Prepares monthly maintenance reports and submits it to the line manager to monitor and ensure that all periodic repairs are checked against the records.
- Maintains updated service contracts/agreement records between CME and customers and ensures that maintenance services are executed as per the agreed timelines.
- Ensures all equipment and maintenance tools are appropriately tagged for efficient management of records and any further reference.
- Ensures that personal tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated accordingly to manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Prepares tools, equipment required to complete each task and ensures all components at the periphery of the work location are in operational condition
- Searches for information in the available documentation (technical manuals, repair booklets, supplier’s data) to ensure repair are in line with the applicable guidelines.
- Observes the safety rules defined for the equipment, instruments and products to ensure compliance
Training and Development
- Attends training conducted by Principal’s representatives to keep abreast with new technology/products
- Attends regular meetings with the Line Manager to discuss issues and receive feedback as required
This is a field based job whereby the job holder is required remain on call throughout. The jobholder is required to provide technical customer training, diagnosis, troubleshooting basic as well as complex equipment/machinery performance, failure, malfunctioning issues related to a designated product/category line within Central Motors & Equipment. The job holder is required to establish user contact and conduct trainings on site as specified by the Line Manager. In this context, the he is posed with following challenges: 1) Difficult physical environment i.e. workshop, customer yards, shaded/open 2) responsibility for safety which involves training the customer on the Do’s and Don’ts 3) identifying reasons for premature product damages i.e. product could be in a working condition but begins to malfunction prematurely, 4) meeting the customer satisfaction levels at time when equipment is not performing and causing operational disruption.
The job holder must be highly analytical, have detail orientation with keen observation ability. He will be required to investigate products and establish reasons for malfunction. To prevent risk and imminent danger, he must be able to influence the customer to follow safety procedures stringently. Due to the nature of this job, the jobholder may be required to work beyond the regular working hours while troubleshooting or installing. The job holder is required to travel across UAE as deemed necessary by the line management to attend to business.
The job holder will be working under minimal supervision is required to take decisions on day-to-day operational issues within the area of responsibility as per the authority matrix to facilitate smooth functioning of maintenance and repair processes. He/she will make recommendations for parts replacement as needed. The jobholder may also recommend for purchase of special equipment/tools, replacements based on analysis.
Communication & Working Relationships:
- Line manager for guidance, support and progress update.
- Sales Team and other colleagues to plan for installation, joint project, customer visits
- Customers for training, product installation and troubleshooting
- Principal’s technical team for any technical support required
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
Diploma or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics engineering from a recognised
3 years hands-on experience in technical fault analysis and repair of products within a similar industry, out of which 2 years must be in handling customers
Knowledge & Skills
- Sound technical knowledge of related product line
- Valid UAE drivers’ licence
- Ability to think analytically and recommend technical solutions
- Technically detailed oriented
- Planning and organising
- Strong technical training skills
- Written and verbal communication in English (Arabic would be an added advantage)
- Proficient PC skills
- Customer Focus
- Effective Communication
- Continuous Self Improvement
- Result Oriented
- Team Work