The company, based in the GCC, currently has parallel market automotive parts and ancillary equipment sales exceeding $100 million/year, however this business is currently conducted via a number of separate entities. They are now looking to recruit an Export Head to drive the business forward.
The focus will be on business development and creating an effective sales operation building on synergies with the rest of the business, such as the Finance function, and the Logistics division which will provide support in sourcing and supply chain.
- Analyse competitors, market opportunities and determine target markets;
- Build a team and processes necessary to achieve synergies with other parts of the business;
- Put in place commercial arrangements (pricing, trade finance, billing, logistics etc.) which are competitive;
- Travel to target markets to build a customer base;
- As the business grows, move from a role as a salesman/business developer to a more managerial role supervising a number of salespeople targeting specific markets.
The person we seek must:
- Have had at least 10 years’ experience in parallel market OE automotive parts sales;
- Bring with him close relationships with a substantial number of potential customers;
- Demonstrate by their track record superior sales skills;
- Have experience and managerial skills suited to building all aspects of the business including logistics and trade finance;
- Be willing to spend large amounts of time travelling/generating sales in the build-up phase;
- Be willing to be based in the Middle East.