Our client, one of the largest and respected transportation company in GCC is looking for an experienced Director of Operations. The focus of this role is managing and improving the productivity of the Fleet, Supply Chain, Maintenance and Facilities Management department.
- Able to analyse and determine the financial efficiency of the operation, through monitoring costs.
- To effectively tailor operational packages to large fleet customers and to manage the relationship on a senior peer level.
- To set utilization targets – allowing the fleet to be making the company as much money as possible by being in the customer’s hands and less time in the workshop.
- To optimise the operational manpower, monitoring staff productivity and adjusting the structure when needed.
- Creating a synergy between the sales director to align strategies to avoid any negative impacts.
- To monitor market conditions that could be adverse to company strategies.
- Utilise advances in technology to maintain operational excellence – telematics etc.
- 15 to 20 years hands on experience with Transportation business (Buses and commercial vehicles)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Senior Position
- Must be able to communicate in both English & Arabic fluently.
- Strong leadership
- Business and Financial Acumen.
- Familiar with Service Provider role / concept.
- Familiar with different operations (School Operations / Bus brands and aging / Supply chain challenges / geographical distribution for Service Centers) is a plus.
- Efficient in managing business / cost effectiveness.
- Develop and improve systems, process and people.