A well-known public transport company in the region is looking for a highly motivated diesel professional to join their team. The key focus of the role is to perform diagnostic tests on diesel vehicles to find faults, analyzing diagnostic test results and repairing or replacing engine, steering, transmission, braking or lighting system components.
- Perform minor and major repairs on bus fleet.
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance on bus fleet, including inspection, tire rotation and oil changes
- Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop
- Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs
- Perform regular diagnostic tests on bus fleet.
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on vehicles
- Minimum 2 years of experience bus service.
- In depth understanding of diesel engines, as well as mechanics and engineering in general.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to find the source of problems / malfunctions and rectify the same.
- Ability to work with hand tools, precision and other equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.