Responsible for designing, developing, planning, administrating and implementing effective and systematic day to day L&D activities and programs for all levels of employees, resulting in a highly motivated, flexible and multi skilled workforce. The L&D Manager will develop and promote a culture of continuous development throughout the organization, the person will also be responsible for conducting and following through the L&D needs analysis, L&D material development, major L&D projects, organising L&D events and evaluation of L&D effectiveness.
- To conduct a yearly L&D needs analysis to identify all the L&D requirements for each department to ensure that learning and development programmes are made available for employees as they progress through the various competencies in the organization.
- To develop a comprehensive L&D plan of all L&D activities for the year to be reviewed quarterly and recommendations made where necessary.
- To liaise with vendors such as professional bodies, L&D institutions, educational institutions and consultants to source out and develop appropriate program, and build effective relationships.
- To ensure that the recommended quota of departmental trainers for each department are trained and maintained for their maximum utilization and productivity.
- To assist the departmental trainers in creating, compiling and maintaining up-to- date departmental L&D Manuals.
- To regularly audit, evaluate and provide constructive feedback to departmental trainers on their performance.
- To organize and document regular meetings with respective departmental trainers and their Department Heads to evaluate the L&D efficiency, provide feedback, and exchange best practices (every 3 months).
- To create, design and deliver L&Ds programs as per the TNA and Business requirements.
- To develop, update and organize the orientation programmes and to ensure that all New Hires attend the Orientation and Departmental Induction Programmes.
- To develop, update and organize the Talent & Management Development Programs as well as succession Planning.
- To release Monthly L&D Calendars & Nominations and coordinate with the Divisional/Departmental representatives to ensure maximum attendance for the scheduled L&D Sessions.
- To follow up on the L&D activities implementation and effectiveness.
- To maintain a systematic administration system for the effective administration of L&D programs.
- To set-up and maintain an efficient filling system for proper maintenance of all L&D documentation, record and materials.
- To generate and maintain comprehensive and up-to date Records, Evaluations and Reports of all L&D activities utilising the latest technology available.
- To arrange the L&D venues, logistics, transport, materials and catering, as required to achieve efficient L&D attendance and delivery.
- To create, compile and maintain up-to- date the L&D Manual ensuring the implementation of the L&D Policies and Procedures.
- To manage the use of the L&D Academy’s L&D materials, equipment and facilities and their maintenance in secure and good condition.
- To maintain the L&D Library (soft and hard copies).
- To monitor the progress of the Annual L&D Plan and make recommendations where necessary.
To be considered for this role:
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Psychology or Business Management / Adult Learning Education
- 5-7 years’ experience in Automotive or Retail/ Hospitality industry
- GCC experience is an advantage