To monitor vehicles acquisition, identify new business initiatives, develop corporate marketing strategy and manage the achievement of sales targets for the business in line with the overall business objectives.
Strategic Planning and Performance Management:
- Contribute to the development of the automotive strategy by developing the annual commercial plan to ensure that the activities performed are aligned to the overall automotive strategy.
- Monitor the performance of the commercial department and prepare periodic reports on its overall performance to ensure performance deviations are identified and reported in a timely manner and that actions are adjusted to achieve the set annual plans.
- Alignment of commercial plan with the automotive plan and overall business strategy and plan.
- Timely formulation and implementation of the annual plan.
- % achievement of set targets and objectives
- Contribute to the preparation of the commercial budget, and monitor the financial performance of the commercial activities versus set budget to ensure alignment with set budget guidelines.
- Financial variance versus budget.
- Budgets and plans prepared timely and accurately in line with the annual budget parameters and timescales.
Policies & Procedures:
- Develop policies processes and procedures pertaining to commercial department and manage their implementation to ensure adherence and fulfilment of all relevant requirements.
- Compliance with procedural and legislative requirements.
- Effective communication of policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the commercial department providing guidance in the related area, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and ensure that employees’ activities are performed in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Compliance of the day-to-day operations with the set standards, policies and procedures.
Manage and explore new and existing business opportunities in order to assess which are most likely to increase ISUZU Automotives revenues and market share.
Sales Planning & Operations:
- Oversee the pre-delivery inspection of vehicles in order to achieve the distribution objectives in line with ISUZU specifications.
- Review the vehicles acquisition required in order to maximise company profit while ensuring the proper demand versus the supply needed.
- Monitor the inventory to an optimal level in order to meet sales targets and business objectives and initiate corrective action in remedying of the variance.
- Accuracy of demand forecasts.
- Supervise the implementation of the overall ISUZU marketing strategy in line with the corporate strategic objectives in order to expand the reach of the company’s activities and promote its corporate identity.
- Provide strategic inputs and oversee the brand awareness of ISUZU in order to ensure it is represented in an optimal manner through proper visibility in the market.
- Marketing strategy/ plan is agreed, documented and approved.
- % Return on marketing spend/investment.
- Lead all operations of vehicles sales and ensure achievement of sales targets in terms of revenues, profits, quality and effective customer service by properly managing and coaching the sales staff.
- % variation from set target.
- Achieve target % increase in market share.
- Ensure that pricing are in line with the global and regional trends and sustains healthy revenue growth in the short, medium and long term.
- Competitive prices vs. market.
- Initiate studies to understand and analyse the market competition and provide reports to support business decisions.
- Quality of market analysis that is used for decision making.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key clients accounts order to maximise revenues from them and investigates the potential for the provision of additional services.
- Brand loyalty and customer satisfaction.
- Revenues from key clients.
- Stimulate team members and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Number and quality of improvements are in line with corporate expectations and implemented.
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the human resources function to guarantee employee safety, security legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Degree of non-compliance with safety, quality and environmental policies and procedures.
- Frequency of Lost Time Incident’s, safety incidents and near misses.
- Ensure all staff have clear objectives, regular performance feedback sessions, formal annual appraisals, and individual development plans, with particular emphasis on the development of talented Saudi national staff.
- Function is fully manned with competent, properly trained staff.
- Robust succession.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS (ILLUSTRATIVE NOT EXHAUSTIVE):
Regular interactions with the Automotive to provide up-date on progress against strategic objectives, and report any significant matters.
Regular interactions with the business units to coordinate on cross-functional matters, ensure effective sharing of critical information and resolve major issues.
Regular interactions with direct subordinates to manage and oversee performance of the function, provide guidance and manage the day-to-day operations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & COMPETENCIES:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
At least 10 years of experience in the same field; with 5 years in a managerial position in a similar field.
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Advanced knowledge of Commercial Practices