A large automotive group in the Middle East is looking for an experienced Chief Executive Officer to join them. The successful candidate will work closely with the senior management team and be responsible for a cultural change across the business. Comprising of a significant import/export operation, dealerships, parts and after sales business, the new CEO will have broad exposure across all automotive functions.
- Direct and control the work and resources of the company and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximized and that fixed costs are minimized.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholder..
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the chairman and members of the board.
- Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress.
- Develop and maintain research and development programs to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry
- Represent the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts to secure for it the most effective contract terms.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in senior level experience of management of people and resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Age limit: 55 years
- A proven record of success in senior level general or commercial management.
- Enthusiastic and ability to create motivation amongst the employees
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts