Reporting to the Service Workshop/ Field Manager.
Minimum 5 year experience with Caterpillar construction and heavy machinery.
Availability to travel and spend time in customer jobsites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The technician must be able to:
- Clean, repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components.
- Prepare, inspect, and operate machines prior to delivery.
- Remove, disassemble, assemble, and install components and parts.
- Determine reusability of parts in accordance with published Caterpillar reusability guidelines.
- Order replacement parts.
- Service and maintain equipment sold and/or owned by the company.
- Test, measure, and adjust engine and machine systems and components.
- Diagnose and troubleshoots machine and engine malfunctions and failures.
- Evaluate equipment malfunction and failures.
- Determine cause of failure.
- Analyze customer repair and maintenance requirements
- Prepare service reports.
- Communicate problems and nature of repair to supervisors.
- Provide direction, training, and guidance to assigned service technicians.
- Keep up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems.
- Use safe working practices.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Perform maintenance activities on new, and rebuilt/repaired equipment.
- Attend required Level III training classes.
- Direct and mentor other service technicians.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures