This company is a well-established name in the Middle East Automotive Industry, representing one of the most established car brands in the world. This dynamic and progressive company are looking for a driven and motivated Bodyshop Manager to monitor and control resources and assets in a way congruent with profit requirements while maintaining and improving customer relations and to create an environment where the departments/staff develop and excel.
- Ensure that the Bodyshop Department achieves its financial objectives by ongoing examination of management accounts, system information, daily operating controls and manufacturer’s composite figures monthly.
- Ensure the necessary improvements and corrective actions are taken where variations from target achievement occur or inadequate performance is suspected.
- Ensure accurate estimating, costing and invoicing in the department.
- Ensure premises and equipment and other assets are controlled and used effectively.
- Ensure that all non-account customer excess payments and VAT/ other charges are received prior to delivery of vehicles
- Ensure all parts received and paint and materials purchased are controlled and sold at the required profit.
- Ensure a fair distribution of work between all technicians, commensurate with their skills and experience.
- Review all open jobcards (daily) and report any ongoing and occurring work in progress problems to Dealer Principal.
- Assist in the correct evaluation and justification of bodywork warranty claims and provide comprehensive explanations thereof.
- Ensure that all vehicles worked on have proper and authorized approval for the repairs to proceed.
- Maintain effective control of expenses in line with objectives by viewing daily sales and profit reports, periodical examination of management accounts and reviewing other business information.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Mandatory
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Technical Knowledge/experience of Mercedes bodywork repairs an absolute must
- Minimum 5 years Management Experience with 10 years total automotive experience
- Arabic & English fluency preferred (English Essential)