An established automotive pioneer that aims in improving performance and high-quality standards of customer service is looking for a dynamic professional to join their team. The main focus of this role is to carry out necessary repairs on damaged vehicles in order to prepare the vehicle for painting.
- Assess damage and the parts that will be needed and order parts as required.
- Ensure that protective covers are used on all vehicles before carrying out any repairs.
- Carry out necessary repairs on damaged vehicles in order to prepare the vehicle for painting. This may include:
- Shaping and smoothing, metalworking, welding, putty filling and repairing and replacing of whole parts including parts made from steels, alloys, plastics and fiberglass.
- Check work to ensure that panels line up and doors close correctly etc.
- Document completed work orders to include repairs conducted, parts required and labor involved, and any additional vehicle problems noted during repairs.
- Ensure accurate time recording for all repairs completed.
- Maintain tools to ensure serviceability.
- Undertake additional related responsibilities as required.
- Related Diploma/Certificate from Technical School/Institution
- 6 years of experience as an Auto Denter / Panel Beater.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous/current denting/body repair experience within a reputable dealership/workshop
- Customer oriented
- Capability to follow the system of quality control inspection in order to prevent or correct faulty workmanship which falls below standard
- Ability to perform accurate diagnosis and repair procedures