To assist customers with aftersales related enquiries, ensuring the highest level of customer care and satisfaction.
To attend the customers enquiry either at the dealership or at the customers requested location in order that customers concerns with their vehicle are accurately understood, where possible diagnosed and repaired, or effectively communicated to the workshop with a scheduled appointment arranged.
Maintain excellent standards of personal presentation, departmental administration, process efficiency and contribute to good working relationships across the business.
- Attending appointments at the customer’s location, verifying subjective concerns with the customer or representative such that they can be reproduced when the vehicle visits the workshop.
- Record details of concerns using appropriate documentation and media, communicating the same with the workshop.
- Visually inspect customer vehicles, documenting any damage where relevant.
- Undertake work as directed within the timescales communicated to a customer.
- Ensure that all works are carried out to the highest standard and in adherence with manufacturer guidelines.
- Complete the works using the correct parts and techniques in a safe way and in a clean and tidy environment.
- Use the appropriate tools and equipment which must be correctly maintained and be in excellent condition at all times.
- Take care not to cause accidental damage to the vehicle and parts during service or repair, report any such incidents to the Service Manager immediately.
- Accurately document completed job cards, ensuring hours and materials used are recorded and all warranty material is kept and returned to the Warranty Advisor.
- Ensure a quality check is carried out on every vehicle and that the associated documentation is completed fully and signed.
- Conduct a thorough qualification to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Ensure that all customer requests and queries are acknowledged and dealt with or forwarded to an appropriate person promptly.
- Provide clear, tactful advice and explanations to customers, checking their understanding.
- Handle dissatisfied customers calmly and in a timely manner, resolve complaints with sensitivity, involve others when needed.
- Proactively take action where appropriate to improve the customer experience.
- Ensure the maximum use of technical knowledge and skills to carry out works to the highest standards and quality.
- Protect the customer’s vehicle and its contents while the vehicle is being repaired or serviced.
- Maintain effective communication with all dealership staff, seeking assistance from colleagues as required.
- Support the whole dealership team, working in partnership to maximise opportunities to gain aftersales customers and to support broader dealership initiatives, proactively promoting the benefits of other departments to achieve overall dealership success.
- Attend training as required or requested by the manufacturer, the dealership or the company.
- Comply with all health and safety, quality management, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with all dealership and company policies, manufacturer guidelines and wider legislation.
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
Competency Requirements - Behavioural
Customer Service Distinction
Engages and delights customers through managing complex interactions and relationships and delivers exceptional levels of service through accurately identifying, meeting and exceeding customer needs.
Is aware of the strategic goals of dealer/group and the business and achieves objectives in the job role to contribute to them.
Sets high personal standards of performance and is committed to achieving outstanding results for the business.
Supports other team members and encourages their participation and engagement in the success of the team as a whole.
Outstanding Relationship Management
Builds mutually beneficial relationship with colleagues, business contacts and stakeholders. Maintaining an effective network in order to maximise support and resources for the benefit of customers and the business.
Delivers maximum efficiency and productivity by managing own workload, processes and resources effectively.
Takes responsibility for own learning and development and gives support to others where appropriate.
Competency Requirements - Technical
Possesses the required level of technical skill and knowledge with the ability to keep up with current developments and practices in these areas of expertise.
Able to quickly gain an understanding of the dealership and manufacturer computer and recording systems in order to drive effectiveness whilst maintaining up to date working knowledge of databases, technical systems and computer packages.
Coordination of Work
Ability to follow instructions through a standard work process and perform tasks with in a stated time frame whilst checking for accuracy before completion of the task.
Knowledge of appropriate procedures for using specific tools, equipment or machines to meet defined quality and safety standards.
Safety and Health Compliance
Ability to demonstrate an understanding of applicable policies and procedures in order to maintain conditions that ensure a healthy and safe working environment for themselves and others.
- City and Guilds Part 3/NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent qualification) in Motor Vehicle Repair and Maintenance.
- Master Technician
- Experience in vehicle repair and servicing acquired through academic, apprenticeship, manufacturer or on‐the‐job training or a combination of these.
- Current driving licence in country of employment.